The best field hockey shoes for big feet are now available to solve the old narrative of big feet and hockey. Field Hockey is one of the most loved and popular outdoor games around the globe.
In order to play this game, you need a number of quality and comfortable gears. Among others, the best hockey shoes are very vital to any hockey player regardless of whether a junior or senior, elite, or a beginner. The strength of a good player starts from being comfortable in his gears.
It is logical enough that when you comfortable in your field hockey shoes, you play very naturally. When you are uncomfortable in your shoes, your attention goes to the shoes and you end up not giving your best in the game.
It is a challenge to get the best field hockey shoes for players. It is even a greater one to find the best field hockey shoes for players with big feet. The feet can be defined to be big in regard to the length (long feet) and also the width (wide feet).
In most cases, you find that people with big feet will get either a shoe of good length but not wide enough, or wide enough but not fitting the length. In this article, we have reviewed the best field hockey shoes for big feet, which are comfortable both in length and width.
The Top 6 best field hockey shoes for big feet
Adidas Divox 1.9S
The Adidas Divox 1.9S field hockey shoe is one of the best field hockey shoes with a big fitting. The shoes come in different sizes with the biggest size been 12.5 and therefore accommodating hockey players with big feet.
The upper part of the shoe is synthetic. The inner part of the synthetic upper side contains some overlays of foil. This helps in making the shoe waterproof and also preventing any impact from external factors like a ball.
It has a turf rubber outsole that has super grips that help in comfortable play without sliding. The rubber sole grip also is of lightweight and can be used to play in different pitches; on the turf or grass pitch.
- Big fitting
- Rubber Outsole that has super grips
- It has a Synthetic upper part of the shoe
- Lace closure
- Lightweight due to the use of rubber sole
- Come in different sizes including big fitting thus people with big feet can use the shoes
- The super grip on the outsole that helps the player remain well rooted on the ground while playing
- The foil overlays in the inner part help in preventing impacts of the ball to the foot
- Well aerated
- The toe area is well cushioned with foam
- As a premium shoe, it comes in at a higher price. The quality of the shoes is worth the price though
Asics Gel-Lethal MP7
The Asics Gel-Lethal MP7 field hockey shoes rank among the top best hockey shoes. It also comes in different fittings and taking care of players with big feet. This shoe is lightweight and flexible therefore it gives you advantage on agility. The players can sprint comfortably.
Additionally, the insoles with these shoes are removable. This gives the player a number of positive options like getting medical innersoles or even getting dual-density insoles. The removable aspect of the insole also gives the player an easy time when cleaning the shoes.
The inner side of the shoe is also cushioned with gel. This helps in absorbing any impact and shocks during the play. The shoe can be used by both the experts and beginners.
The upper part is made of synthetic leather. It also has a big and wide toe area that ensures that the toes of a player are free and relax when playing. It also has a super grip pattern on the outsole with a pivot point that enables easy 360° turning.
- Removable insole
- Gel cushioning
- Upper part made of synthetic leather material
- Big and wide toe area
- Excellent grip pattern on the sole with a pivot point
- Different fittings with big fitting for players with big and wide feet
- Wide toe area
- Easy 360° turning due to the pivot point on the sole
- Super grip pattern which helps the player remain grounded comfortably during the play
- Gel cushioning that helps in absorbing any impacts
- Removable insole
- The upper part is made of leather material
Adidas Terrex AX3 Shoes
Another high-quality field hockey shoe that comes in with a big fitting is the Adidas Terrex AX3. This shoe comes in different sizes with the largest size been 13.5 therefore favoring players with big feet.
The shoe comes in hand with an awesome grip that helps the player remain super footed in both dry and wet surfaces. This means the shoe can be used both in the grass hockey pitch and also on the turf hockey pitch.
Aeration is also catered for in Adidas Terrex AX3 field hockey shoe. It is also lightweight due to the use of rubber outsole. Additionally, it is made from a durable material therefore it guarantees long time use before thinking of purchasing another pair.
- Rubber outsole
- Different fitting sizes
- The synthetic upper part which is also meshy for aeration
- Super grips
- Durability is guaranteed
- Comes in different fittings with the biggest fit been 13.5 which is a favor to people with big and wide feet
- Well aerated
- Can be used both in dry and wet pitches due to the super grip pattern
- Lightweight due to the use of rubber outsole. This enables the player to play comfortably
- Just like any other premium hockey shoe, the Adidas Terrex AX3 is also a bit pricey
The Grays G5000 is a shoe suitable for schools, universities, and clubs. It is streamlined in design to make it suitable for running. It is also of lightweight and thus gives the player an easy performance in retaining stability while sprinting and diverting direction.
The shoe also comes in different fitting and most importantly big sizes for players with big and wide feet. It is also made of mesh-like material to allow ventilation and breathability.
The toe box of this shoe is wide enough to allow the toe to be free and relaxed. It has an outsole made of rubber which is multi-angle designed to give the best traction on different pitches. Looking for a big and wide best hockey shoes, this should be in your top list of options.
Also, see the Under Armour Women’s Finisher Turf Shoe on Amazon.
- Removable footbed
- Streamlined design
- Rubber outsole
- Low profile EVA midsole
- It is lightweight which helps the player to remain comfortable during the play
- The streamlined design makes running easy, maintains stability and diverting the direction
- It has a durable wide toe box that takes care of people with big and wide feet
- Has an excellent grip pattern that ensures stable traction on the pitch
- Just like any other good and quality hockey shoe, it comes at a high price
Gryphon – AERO G6
The Gryphon- Aero G6 field hockey shoe is one of the best hockey shoes. It is an advanced version of the popular Gryphon- Aero G5 shoe. It comes in different sizes taking care of players with wide and big feet. The grip sole is configured in a multi stud that allows defined traction on the pitch while turning or stopping, or even when accelerating.
The shoe is designed using Forefoot Flex Pro technology. This gives it easy turning when in sharp and difficult movements. It also helps a player remain stable when making sprints and even cuts while playing. It also has a great inner cushioning that makes it comfortable and perfect fitting. The upper part is made of mesh-like material for good aeration. Its lightweight nature helps the player maintain a natural performance throughout the game.
- Forefoot Flex Pro technology
- Multi-stud configured grip sole
- Durable toe box
- Synthetic material
- Cushioning inner layer
- It is lightweight
- Great inner cushioning that gives great comfort
- Excellent grip pattern to maintain great traction on the pitch
- It is durable
- Offers great protection to the feet from any impact
- Comes at a relatively higher price
Grays Burner Pro Shoe
The Grays Burner Pro field hockey shoes came to be as a result of international players who use Grays. The shoe is greatly ranked when it comes to performance. It has an excellent grip pattern sole which enhances traction and balance for swift turns and cuts.
Additionally, the shoe is lightweight making it easy for a player to play with. The shoe is made using IXP5 ensures that the shoe is waterproof and can be used in any condition. It also comes in different sizes but most importantly big sizes of UK 13 and EU 48. If you are looking for the best field hockey shoes for wide and big feet, then here is a sure bet for you.
Also, see Salomon Women’s Speedcross 4 Trail Shoes on Amazon. It is also a great deal for big feet.
- IXP5 waterproof treatment
- Upper part GR-TEX for great speed and admirable performance
- Active Plus Footbed which helps in lifting the heel thus controlling movement
- A comfortable inner cushioning layer
- Excellent sole unit for great traction on the pitch
- Comes in different sizes and taking care of players with big feet
- It is waterproof
- It is a great grip sole unit that helps in traction to the surface
- Has a great cushioning layer which helps in impact absorption and comfortable fitting
- As a premium hockey shoe, the Grays Burner Pro is sold at a high price but worth the price
When it comes to getting the best hockey shoes for players with big and wide feet, a lot of attention is needed. This review article has analyzed the different shoes and came up with the top 6 best. We hope that the review was of help to you.