The best hockey gloves for seniors should be the slogan. When it comes to hockey equipment, the hockey gloves are overlooked and seen as non- essential pieces but for a player ready to give his or her best in the game knows the importance of these pieces.
Actually, the gloves are only mandatory for the goalkeepers. From personal experience, I highly recommend the gloves to the other players other than the goalie for safety reasons and preventing any avoidable injuries to your hands.
For the longest time that I have been playing hockey and I have seen it all. The players get their finger or two broken, terrible skin damage at the back of the hand, and much more. If you want to remain longer in this game take precautions and wear gloves to avoid the avoidable injuries at all costs.
After thorough research of the hockey gloves in the market, I came up with these top 6 best hockey gloves which I recommend to any player planning to purchase a pair.
The top 6 best hockey gloves for seniors
After a thorough search of hockey gloves, we came up with a list of the best. The top 6 best hockey gloves for seniors includes;
Bauer Supreme 2S PRO (Best hockey gloves for seniors overall)
The Bauer Supreme 2S Pro hockey gloves for seniors is the best hockey glove overall. It is designed to offer maximum protection and comfort while giving a great feel and stick handling.
The glove comes with a knuckle break which is a plus to its comfort. It is made of triple shock cushion and Poron XRD which gives the greatest level of protection.
Additionally, the glove features the new AMP technology that gives protection while in movement.
This includes great protection, lightweight, flexibility, and comfortable feeling. The use of polyester material on the palm while design this glove is also a plus to its comfort.
- Patented 3-pieces flex lock thumb
- 3-Pieces index fingers with Triple Shox cushion for great protection
- Ivory micro-suede Pro Palm with a full overlay which brings about the great feel on the palm
- Pro nylon mesh and cable mesh with PU leather components making the shell
- Molded cuff roll with AMP cuff for the cuff roll
- Anatomical fit Triple Shox cushion with Poron XRD cushioning for the backhand
- It is an elite level glove
- The glove offers maximum protection with its advanced technology
- Gives a great feel on the palm due to use of Ivory micro-suede Pro Palm with full overlay
- Flexibility during stick handling and shooting
- It is expensive but with the quality of the glove, it is worth every penny
Warrior Covert QR Edge (Best hockey glove for seniors in Stick-handling)
The Warrior brand has made the QR Edge hockey gloves for seniors whose trend is lightweight and mobile. This glove for seniors is made at lightweight while it maintains great mobility, protection, and durability. These features make it easy to use the glove just like a natural hand extension.
- Cover taper fit that helps in contouring to the original shape of the player’s hand
- AXYFlex cuff and thumb designs which take care of mobility feel. The wrist is able to move naturally and freely while and a great protection
- Axis Flex thumb also is used to enhance mobility and great performance
- The EXO Protection foam which is used in the whole glove gives excellent protection
- The Pro SmartPalm made from Clarion material. It is thick and brings the effect of a classic feel at the palm
- Wartech FNC liner which offers super breathability thus the glove remain dry and cool during the play
- Excellent mobility with a natural feel
- Offers unmatched protection to your hand
- Comfortable classic feel at the palm which results in a natural play
- Great flexibility during stick handling
- It is lightweight
- Made of durable material
- It is a premium hockey glove and thus comes at an expensive price, though it is worth every coin
TRUE X- Core Pro Hockey Glove for seniors (Best for Protection)
The True X- Core Pro hockey glove for seniors gives the best protection while displaying a classic look and great feel.
It cannot be said to be the lightest hockey glove in the market, but by use of 24mm EPP cushioning helps in eliminating the problem.
Please check on Amazon.
- Use of 24mm EPP foam which thickens the glove and thus offering great protection
- True-Flexx Locking Technology for the thumb which ensures that a player doesn’t sustain an injury after falling
- Designed with a flexible cuff which helps in motion adaptability
- Uses pro liner material for excellent ventilation thus making the breathability flexible
- Segmented fingers for more flexibility
- It comes with an affordable price
- Offers great flexibility
- Gives extremely great protection
- It comes with microban antimicrobial which helps in keeping away an odor. It remains fresher for long
- The loose fit in the wrists area might be a problem
Bauer Supreme S29 Hockey Glove for seniors
The Bauer Supreme S29 is a performance level hockey glove for seniors. It is developed using an ergonomic design which enables the coordination of the hand and the wrists while using the glove.
The palm area is made using Axe Suede Quattro which enhances palm and stick connection. It also comes with liners in the finger areas which provide comfort.
- Made from quick-drying material which is a plus in sweat evaporation
- Backhand made of Anatomical fit with double density cushion plus Poly insert
- The finger parts are two-Piece index fingers with mid-density foam + Poly insert
- Patented two-pieces flex for the thumb part
- Palm part is made of QUATTRO Pro Palm Powered by AX SUEDE™ with full overlay that helps in stick and palm connection
- Offers great protection with a pro-nylon and cable mesh shell
- The use of QUATTRO Pro Palm Powered by AX SUEDE™ with full overlay technology helps in connection of the palm and the stick with a great feel
- Easy to dry up from sweat
- As compared to Bauer Supreme 2S PRO, the S29 is at a more affordable price while still good at performance level
- The glove is made from a durable material
- It weighs more as compared to the 2S PRO
Warrior Alpha QX Pro Hockey Glove for seniors
The Warrior Alpha QX Pro hockey glove for seniors is a real definition of a great combination from the traditional looks and the current anatomical feel while offering puck controls in an improved way and better hands protection.
It comes at quite a good budget considering the technology used in the glove. Durability from this glove is a guarantee due to the use of phantom foam. When it comes to comfort, the use of lycra gussets takes it all. It is a great choice when it comes to the selection of hockey gloves.
- The Hybrid Taper Fit which helps in contouring the hand in a more natural shape while offering great protection and mobility
- Hybrid Flex Cuff which gives protection to the wrist. It also helps in handling pucks by increasing the range of movement
- The use of Pro palm to enhance a great feel and control
- Lycra gussets give an excellent comfort while using the glove
- The use of Phantom Foam which gives the glove a lightweight
- Offers great protection
- It is lightweight
- Gives a natural feel during the play and great flexibility
- The use of the Wartech FNC Liners which are enhanced with polygiene to do away with odor at all time
- From a personal preference of some players say that the glove is not stiff enough, it is too soft
Bauer Vapor X900 Lite (lightest hockey glove for seniors)
The Vapor X900 Lite hockey glove for seniors is the lightest and most mobile while maintaining great protection of the piece. It is a performance level glove.
The unique backhand design of four-segment and three-piece at fingers provides great mobility. This glove comes in different sizes for both the seniors and the juniors.
- Palm made of AX SUEDE Grip which enhances the performance during the control and shooting
- Double density cushion with poly insert Tapered fit with a four-segment backhand
- Double density cushion with poly insert three-piece fingers
- Lightweight and mobility
- Great protection
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Gives great comfort and feel at the palm
- The glove does not come with an oversize size for oversize people
Basic Knowledge about Hockey Gloves
What are the parts of a Hockey Glove
The hockey glove for seniors is made up of 4 segments which include the cuff, wrist roll, back roll, and fingers. Basically the cuff is for protecting the hand from pucks or slashes.
Wrist roll which is at your hand wrist ensures the mobility of your hand and stick handling job and thus the wrist roll should have a comfortable fit.
Back rolls are purposed to protect the hand from impacts, and finally, we have fingers which play part in articulating the glove while giving maximum protection to the fingers. They are also responsible for flexible movement during stick handling.
How long should your hockey glove be?
Generally, hockey gloves range between 8 – 15 inches. The 8- 12 inches are mostly used by juniors and teenagers while the 13- 15 inches are hockey gloves for the seniors.
To find the starting point of your glove length, use the thumb rule: measure the distance between palm base and the tip of your index finger then, double the results.
The hockey gloves for seniors should extend almost to meet the elbow pads, so as to ensure there are very minimal plucks to your forearm.
Hockey can be a tricky game if you play without the necessary protective gear. Hockey gloves are as essential as any other gear in the game.
I hope with the hockey gloves reviewed above you get one and you will, in turn, be saving yourself from all the risks that come with hand injuries. Keep it here and we will keep on reviewing and keeping your updated on anything concerning hockey.