Asics vs Adidas field hockey shoes. The two brands are among the best field hockey shoe brands around the world. There are a lot of brands for field hockey shoes in the world. A hockey player can, therefore, get confused between the different brands.
This article will help you find out which is the best field hockey shoe. It reviews hockey shoes from renowned brands; Asics and Adidas. They supply the best hockey shoes in the market at affordable prices. It is obvious with good and comfortable shoes, you will play your natural game and the performance will be great too.
A number of factors require consideration before making a decision to buy a hockey shoe. We have a number of the most basic you can consider. They include how comfortable is the shoe, the sole grip pattern, impact absorption material like the use of a gel cushioning layer, and durability to mention just a few. There is also the sizing factor for example best field hockey shoes for big feet.
The following are the best Asics and Adidas hockey shoes based on the above factors.
The Best Asics and Adidas Field Hockey Shoes
From the comparison of Asics vs Adidas Field Hockey Shoes, here are the top most hockey shoes in the two brands;
Adidas Terrex AX3 Hockey Shoes
Another high-quality field hockey shoe that comes in with a big fitting is the Adidas Terrex AX3. This shoe comes in different sizes with the largest size been 13.5 therefore favoring players with big feet.
The shoe comes in hand with an awesome grip that helps the player remain super footed in both dry and wet surfaces. This means the shoe can be used both in the grass hockey pitch and also on the turf hockey pitch.
Aeration is also catered for in Adidas Terrex AX3 field hockey shoe. It is also lightweight due to the use of rubber outsole. Additionally, it is made from a durable material therefore it guarantees long time use before thinking of purchasing another pair.
- Rubber outsole
- Different fitting sizes
- The synthetic upper part which is also meshy for aeration
- Super grips
- Durability is guaranteed
- Comes in different fittings with the biggest fit been 13.5 which is a favor to people with big and wide feet
- Well aerated
- Can be used both in dry and wet pitches due to the super grip pattern
- Lightweight due to the use of rubber outsole. This enables the player to play comfortably
- Just like any other premium hockey shoe, the Adidas Terrex AX3 is also a bit pricey
Adidas Divox 1.9S Hockey Shoes
The Adidas Divox 1.9S field hockey shoe is one of the best field hockey shoes with a big fitting. The shoes come in different sizes with the biggest size been 12.5 and therefore accommodating hockey players with big feet.
Additionally, the upper part of the shoe is synthetic. The inner part of the synthetic upper side contains some overlays of foil. This helps in making the shoe waterproof and also preventing any impact from external factors like a ball.
Finally, it has a turf rubber outsole that has super grips that help in comfortable play without sliding. The rubber sole grip also is of lightweight and can be used to play in different pitches; on the turf or grass pitch.
- Big fitting
- Rubber Outsole that has super grips
- The synthetic upper part of the shoe
- Lace closure
- Lightweight due to the use of rubber sole
- Come in different sizes including big fitting thus people with big feet can use the shoes
- The super grip on the outsole that helps the player remain well rooted on the ground while playing
- The foil overlays in the inner part help in preventing impacts of the ball to the foot
- Well aerated
- The toe area is well cushioned with foam
- As a premium shoe, it comes in at a higher price. The quality of the shoes is worth the price though
Adidas Fabela X Empower Hockey shoes
The Adidas Fabela X Empower is a hockey shoe designed for dominance. regardless of the position of a player, the shoe is excellent in any part of the pitch. It can also be used by all hockey players whether a pro or a beginner. to top on to that, it is made of waterproof material on the upper side, keeping you away from soaking when playing in a wet pitch.
Additionally, the shoes have a very good sole grip pattern that ensures the player remains well rooted on the pitch for great stability. It comes in hand with a defined midsole that plays the role of offering extra energy to the foot and thus the player is always on the move. It is also lightweight when it comes to the outsole. If you are looking for a durable and all-around hockey shoe, Adidas Fabela X Empower should be on your top list.
- Well structured midsole- heel stabilizer
- Lightweight outsole
- Waterproof upper part
- Sock-like construction which hugs the foot
- Regular fit
- It is durable and waterproof
- It can be used in all positions of hockey-playing as it is all round
- Very good outsole grip pattern
- Lightweight which makes it comfy to play in
- A supportive midsole
- When it comes to color selection, these shoes are limited to Non-Dyed / Cloud White / Non-Dyed
Asics Gel-Lethal MP7 Hockey Shoes
The Asics Gel-Lethal MP7 field hockey shoes rank among the top best hockey shoes. It also comes in different fittings and taking care of players with big feet. This shoe is lightweight and flexible therefore it gives you advantage on agility. The players can sprint comfortably.
Additionally, the insoles with these shoes are removable. This gives the player a number of positive options like getting medical innersoles or even getting dual-density insoles. The removable aspect of the insole also gives the player an easy time when cleaning the shoes.
The inner side of the shoe is also cushioned with gel. This helps in absorbing any impact and shocks during the play. The shoe can be used by both the experts and beginners.
The upper part is made of synthetic leather. It also has a big and wide toe area that ensures that the toes of a player are free and relax when playing. It also has a super grip pattern on the outsole with a pivot point that enables easy 360° turning.
- Removable insole
- Gel cushioning
- Upper part made of synthetic leather material
- Big and wide toe area
- Excellent grip pattern on the sole with a pivot point
- Different fittings with big fitting for players with big and wide feet
- Wide toe area
- Easy 360° turning due to the pivot point on the sole
- Super grip pattern which helps the player remain grounded comfortably during the play
- Gel cushioning that helps in absorbing any impacts
- Removable insole
- The upper part is made of leather material
Asics Gel-BlackHeath 7 GS
The Asics Gel-BlackHeath 7 GS is a hockey shoe well designed for junior hockey players. If you are looking for good hockey shoes for your juniors, this is a great option.
The shoes offer great support, stability, and best performance. Additionally, it has a thicker midsole which helps in stabilizing the feet.
It also has a layer of cushioning from inside which helps in impact absorption and comfort. Again a multi-stud designed outsole that offers excellent traction on the pitch.
- Gel cushioning in both the front and behind part
- Multi-stud designed outsole grip pattern
- Toe protector material at the toe box
- A removable sock liner
- Gel cushioning that offers protection as a shock absorber
- Toe box made of protective material to protect the toes
- Excellent outsole grip pattern for traction on the hockey pitch
- It is of high price just like other good hockey shoes
Asics Gel-Hockey Typhoon
The Asics Gel- Typhoon hockey shoes are designed to suit hockey players of all levels. If you are a beginner and looking for good hockey shoes to start your journey in hockey, then this should be among your top list options. It is also suitable for elite players and also the juniors. Just choose your size fit and you good to go.
The shoes have the midsole and outsole made of rubber, of which the outsole has a defined grip pattern which gives stability on the pitch.
It also has gel cushioning for impact absorption while still giving comfort. The upper part is made of a light synthetic material which makes it tough and long-lasting.
- Gel cushioning
- Synthetic leather material
- Defined outsole grip pattern
- Rubber outsole and midsole
- Gel cushioning for impact absorption
- Very comfy
- It is made from a durable material
- The shoe can be used by players of any level
- Commendable sole grip pattern
- For these shoes, the only setback can be a bit higher price, which is so much worth on its quality
A hockey player and any level needs comfortable and gripped hockey shoes for a natural play. The performance so much relies on how comfortable a player is. We hope this review of Asics vs Adidas Field Hockey Shoes was of help to you. Thanks